Langley Animal Clinic
If your pet has difficulty getting up, or is in pain when moving, they could be in need of Pet Orthopedics. We have an experienced team at Langley Animal Clinic and our veterinarian will start with a complete orthopedic exam. This means watching your pet walk/run, examining the bones and joints for proper mobility and stability, and checking general health. Once the problem is localized, we often will recommend x-rays or ultrasound to further define what needs to be done.
Common Pet Orthopaedic Surgeries
Of the orthopedic surgeries, torn ACL or cranial cruciate ligament repair is the most common. Our veterinarian animal hospital offers two types of this surgery:
- Extracapsular repair-using the securos system. This is most suited to small dogs/cats, or low activity pets. Cost: $2,000-$2,375 plus tax
- TTA (tibial tuberosity advancement)-this surgery is more involved but is better suited for large breed, active dogs. Recovery is smoother and has fewer complications. Cost: $3,500– $4,200 plus tax
Other orthopedic surgeries our vet clinic commonly performs are:
- FHO- femoral head osteotomy
- Pelvic fracture repairs: sacroiliac, ilial, and acetabular fractures
- Luxating patella: both trochlear groove deepening, and tibial crest transposition
- Radial, femoral, humeral, tibial fractures
- Dislocations- e.g., hip, elbow
Often there is more than one way to fix a bone or joint and we will tailor the repair to meet you and your pet’s needs. Call us for pet orthopedic information.
30% OFF ONLINE EXCLUSIVES
Shop online for exclusive discounts and deals.
Orthopaedic Service Prices
Animal Care and Advice
New Puppy Tips New puppies are adorable, but that doesn't mean they're "problem-free"! From teething to chewing, house training to separation...
Here's everything you need to know about your new furry friend's first visit to your veterinarian in Langley. Langley Animal...
Fleas aren't just a nuisance for your dog, they’re also extremely stressful for you as the pet owner. But with...